Today I have had a lot of time on my hands so I decided to make some Christmas biscuits. As you may know, I really can’t bake, let alone decorate biscuits so this was always going to be a bit of a challenge. I wanted to give it a go since it’s Christmas time though. I found the easiest recipe online and followed it strictly.
You will need:
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
275g plain flour
– Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
– Add the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time.
– Stir in the flour until mixture comes together as a dough.
– Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
– Using whatever cutter you choose, but out biscuits from the dough.
– Bake for 8 – 10 minutes on 190 degrees.
– Once they’re done, let them cool whilst you mix the icing.
That’s it! So pretty simple really. Although, I accidentally put in a tablespoon of vanilla extract in instead of a teaspoon. Oops! They taste fine though.