I hope you are all well & have been enjoying the weekend. Today I’ve got another skincare review for you, and I’m super excited about this one! A couple months ago I was contacted by DermaRollerSystem who wanted to collaborate with me. I was so pleased as I’ve been looking at ways to improve my skin care & I hadn’t considered something like the derma roller before. The more I researched it, the more I believed it could be ideal for my skin, so I took them up on their offer & they sent me the 1.0mm derma roller, and I’ve been testing it out for review since.
*This post is an ad and it does contain gifted items – however as always all opinions are my own 100%.
If you haven’t heard of a derma roller before, it is also know as a microneedle roller – a hand held device with lots of tiny needles which penetrate the skin to naturally stimulate collagen and elastin production. This leads to healthier skin cells, improving the look of wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, scars, uneven skin and stretch marks. Or you can simply use it to create smoother skin.
When you run the needles over your skin, your pores temporarily open, triggering the healing process in your body – which is what stimulates the collagen and elastin!
Follow THIS LINK to read more about how it works on DermaRollerSystem.
CHOOSING WHICH SIZE NEEDLE
When purchasing a derma roller you need to choose which size needle to buy. Each size can target different things. Too see what size is good for which skin issue, check out THIS LINK.
It’s really important to consider what you’d like to target before going ahead and purchasing. For me, I felt that the 1.0mm size was perfect. It targets the major skin issues such as wrinkles, light scars, blemishes and pores; as well as cellulite and stretch marks on the body! It seemed like the most versatile size.
If you are new to derma rolling like me, it is best to choose one of the smaller sizes such as 0.5mm or 1.0mm, so that you don’t damage your skin.
Be sure to read up how often you can use your derma roller (which depends which size you choose). If you have a derma roller in size 0.5mm then you can use this a few times a week once per day. If you have 1.0mm you can only use it once every 3-4 weeks.
USING THE DERMA ROLLER
1. Before starting the treatment it is super important to make sure your skin AND the derma roller are perfectly clean. You will need to purchase some sterile fluid / isopropyl alcohol to clean the device. You can easily pick this up in a drugstore (I got mine from Superdrug). Simply soak it in the liquid for 5 – 10 minutes before thoroughly rinsing.
2. If you want too, you can use a numbing cream. Personally I didn’t choose too as my pain tolerance is fairly high, and a 1.0mm needle is low enough that it isn’t really painful, just a little scratchy. If you plan on using needles higher than 1.0mm then you will need numbing cream. But as I mentioned, it is not advisable to use over a 1.0mm by yourself if you haven’t used a derma roller before.
3. Once all that is sorted, it’s time to use the derma roller. Technique is important so be sure to research how to do it correctly. Roll the device gently over the area you wish to treat. Roll 4-6 times in one direction, lifting after each roll. Roll horizontally, vertically and diagonally. Be careful to not to overuse the roller.
4. After this, make sure you clean & disinfect your derma roller as you did prior to use.
5. Rinse your face with water (nothing else) and then apply a collagen/anti-aging cream, serum or mask to your skin. Derma Roller System have some great ones which I have been using. You can shop the serum HERE, and the mask HERE.
REVIEW & RESULTS
Overall, I have truly loved using the derma roller and I believe it has been working wonders on my skin.
The day after a treatment, my skin is ever so slightly irritated and can appear a bit redder than normal. This is to be expected as with the needles you are triggering a healing process. It is definitely nothing dramatic! After this day is over, my skin honesty looks clearer, fresher and plumper, and it feels smoother too. I’m amazed with the results that come so quickly. See for yourself in my results below. & check out other results on DermaRollerSystem HERE too.
I also love the serum & mask that I have tried out after using the device. Both feel very moisturising and nourishing. I’m particularly a fan of the mask. It left my face feeling so fresh and bright.
If you’re interested in purchasing a derma roller you can do so HERE. I would recommend it! Currently on sale at the time of writing this too!
But please do be careful when using it. Do your research and disinfect thoroughly.
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Please feel free to let me know in the comments below if you’d be interested in trying out a derma roller. Or if you already have!